Thursday, August 14, 2003

Relatively More Cheerful News from Lands Across the Waters

I learned much from my colleagues at the Konstanz 2003 International Summer School. As I had expected, a law teacher must approach scientists, mathematicians, biologists etc. with humility and respect -- with awe, really -- since scholars in such fields employ a degree of rigor -- I speak here not merely of "formal rigor" --, scholars in the sciences employ a degree of rigor that is rare in the world that law professors inhabit. (This is not to say that law teachers have no interesting tidbits or problems to offer mathematicians, physicists etc.; certain types of problems that routinely arise in legal proceedings only rarely surface in many fields such as physics, biology etc.)

I have much news to report -- but too much to report just here and now. Stay tuned!

No comments: