Monday, June 07, 2010

Your Opinion of Scott Turow's Innocent?

Have you read Scott Turow's new book Innocent? If so, what do you think?

I will not review the book myself. However, I do want to say that the "cross-examination episode" that perhaps forms the heart of the book is masterfully done.

But what about the non-legal aspects of the book? Do you think it's a good thriller (if thriller it is) or psychodrama (if psychodrama it is)? Do you think the new book follows an old formula (too much)? Yes? No?

&&&

The dynamic evidence page

It's here: the law of evidence on Spindle Law. See also this post and this post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

N.B. The last chapter of the book shows that the (anti-)hero of the book has committed a grave crime, one that Scott Turow does not mention. Does Turow need a refresher course in substantive criminal law -- or was he (or the speaker) just being sly?

Susan Ryley said...

Hmm, haven't read it, but might be persuaded to after reading the articles you posted.

Unknown said...

The book made me lose a night's sleep -- because I wanted to know how things turn out. I won't reveal my guesses about why the book grabbed my attention -- because I don't want to spoil anyone's fun. But I do wonder what other people think of the book.