Saturday, December 18, 2010

MarshalPlan on the Web

After much struggle, I have succeeded in making MarshalPlan -- my evidence marshaling software --, I have succeeded in making this software available for your viewing pleasure in your browser. (But Chrome will not work for some reason. Firefox is a sure bet. Internet Explorer? I don't know.)

Click here to see how this gizmo works.

This software is not technically snazzy. It is technically crude. (Some buttons [links] don't even work. But most of them do.) But though technically crude, MarshalPlan is theoretically sophisticated. And it is, in principle, very useful to folks such as trial lawyers and investigators. Or so I think.

This software has had a long gestation period and it has gone through many iterations. One person who played a very large part in the development of the concept -- and, to some extent, the technology -- of MarshalPlan was David A. Schum. But I don't know if David wants to take any credit or blame for the thing I have managed to cobble together over a weekend -- and over many years.

Comments are very welcome.

&&&

The dynamic evidence page

It's here: the law of evidence on Spindle Law. See also this post and this post.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am happy to report MarshalPlan 4.0 also works with Internet Explorer.

In a few days I will unbreak some of the broken links in the software. Thanks for your patience.

Unknown said...

Dear Peter, thank you for sharing your software. I am sure it can be very useful in evidence courses. But first I will try to see how it works :) . I will tell you any comments or doubts I have. "A preliminary theory.." works well as an introductory reading right? Bye. ray

Unknown said...

Ray, yes, "A Preliminary Theory etc." is the best introduction.

I use the MarshalPlan software primarily in my course "Fact Investigation." See http://tillers.net/fi-course/fi-home.html

Unknown said...

But, Ray, please keep in mind the limitations of the MarshalPlan software. See http://tillerstillers.blogspot.com/2009/07/release-of-marshalplan-30.html